Healthwatch Lincolnshire Annual Report for 2019 – 2020
Healthwatch Lincolnshire Launch its Annual Report for 2019 – 2020
In these uncertain times, it gives us great pleasure to introduce the Healthwatch Lincolnshire Annual Report for 2019—2020.
Last year 2,035 people told us about the improvements they would like to see health and social care services make which were then delivered to the appropriate bodies for action including: Healthwatch England, the Care Quality Commission and local services. These have made a genuine difference to the quality of life of people living in the county.
Here are just a few highlights:
- NHS Long Term Plan – following up on our completed survey work and report, Lincolnshire STP used the intelligence we shared with them (and cited it) to support the writing of the Lincolnshire NHS Long Term Plan.
- 8 day removal of patients from GP lists – our continued work to follow up concerns with NHS England and the Lincolnshire Medical Committee highlighted serious failings and improved patient outcomes.
- Peterborough Fast Track Discharge – our directed piece of work to highlight inconsistencies for South Lincolnshire patients requiring Fast Track Discharge from Peterborough Hospital raised the need to change their process and it was recognised that all CCGs across Lincolnshire needed to re-evaluate their processes.
- We are supported by 40 volunteers who help us find out what people think is working and what people would like to improve to services in their communities.
- Healthwatch Lincolnshire received highly commended recognition at National Healthwatch Network Awards – The engagement work undertaken was recognised as ‘Highly Commended’ in last year’s Healthwatch Network Awards in the ‘Championing Diversity and Inclusion’ category.
- COVID-19 – whilst the pandemic lockdown came at the very tail end of our year, to ensure continuity of the service we were not only able to mobilise our staff team very quickly, we also immediately planned how we were going to meet our statutory requirements and most importantly enable the people of Lincolnshire to ‘have a say’. The fact that our campaign was up and running and live by 8 April was outstanding.
A full copy of the Annual Report and its summary is available here