Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations the practice offers a comprehensive range of clinics and healthcare services.
- Antenatal clinic – run on Mondays by the Community Midwife within surgery hours by appointment only.
- Asthma clinics – dedicated nurse run clinics by appointment. Asthma reviews can be arranged any time, by appointment.
- Diabetes & Hypertension clinics – regular review of diabetes and hypertension (high blood pressure) leads to improved control and a reduction in complications. These clinics are run by a nurse or doctor, with a full examination every 12 months and control checks every 6 months.
- Cervical smears – cervical smears are routinely performed by the practice nurse at any mutually convenient time during surgery hours by appointment.
- Child Health Surveillance – routine examination of children carried out at 8 weeks, 9 months and 40 months.
- INR Monitoring Clinics – for patients prescribed Warfarin for various medical conditions. They are primarily on Monday and Tuesday mornings, but appointments can be arranged at mutually convenient times.
- Health Promotion Clinics – patients aged between 40 – 74 who have not had a blood pressure check in the last 5 years will be offered an appointment for an NHS Health Check.
- New Patient Health Checks – all new patients over aged 40 or on multiple medications are encouraged to have this health check, usually performed by a practice nurse or HCA. It enables us to advise you on the appropriate use of our medical services and also screens for common disorders such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Travel Clinics – for all your immunisations and health advice when travelling abroad. Please collect a travel assessment form from reception or download from this website and make an appointment with our practice nurse allowing at least 8 weeks notice (preferably 3 months).