Call Connect – Transport to Vaccination Centres
Updated Information Call Connect – Transport to Vaccination Centres – LCC have been working with Call Connect to support with transport to Local Vaccination Services. This will initial be on a test basis with review every fortnight to see how it is going. key principles of the offer:
- Any GP or Booking Team can refer individuals to (or call on behalf of patients) the Customer Transport Helpline on 0345 456 4474.
- The helpline operates 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday and 09.30 – 16:00 Saturday, the hours have been extended
- They can book journeys anywhere between 1 hour and 1 week in advance.
- Capacity is good at the minute due to a lower than normal level of demand because of COVID-19 and lockdown.
- The advice they give can cover public transport, community transport and the countywide CallConnect service
- The CallConnect service is an on demand bus service that is paid for by the customer https://lincsbus.info/callconnect/
- If someone has a concessionary bus pass due to age or disability then they can access CallConnect free of charge. For the purposes of the vaccination programme only, Transport Services have agreed to extend this free to anyone aged 80 and over, regardless of whether they have a bus pass or not.
- If CEV patients are concerned about how to get to their appointment, or the costs related to transport then advise them to discuss this with the Customer Transport Helpline when they ring
- The service will operate as a door to door, where possible.