The role of the secretary at Billinghay Medical Practice is to ensure the office runs smoothly in order to provide the best possible service for our patients.
We provide all aspects of secretarial work as required by our colleagues which includes (but not limited to):
- Typing referral letters (both NHS & private)
- Generating the paperwork needed so that a patient can book their own NHS appointments
- Take telephone calls from patients and other health providers
- Recording minutes of team meetings
- Ensure patient records are copied appropriately as and when asked for by patients, solicitors and insurance companies
- Prepare medical reports.
- We liaise with other health professionals outside of the surgery on a daily basis to help with patient queries, chase appointments and for general support.
In addition, we work closely with our colleagues to help move the surgery forward and keep up to date with change while providing a positive, caring high standard to our patients.
We also organise the staff social events and take part in charitable events held at the surgery.
If you have a problem with a hospital referral contact Gill or Gerry on 01526 869805. If they are unavailable, please leave them a message and they will return your call as soon as they are able.