Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The practice has set up a Patient Participation Group (PPG) to give us feedback on the range and quality of our services and tell us where we can improve. Our aim is to reach a wide range of patients so we get views from across our population.
Please read our Terms of Reference and Ground Rules for the PPG.
One of the roles of the group is to give us feedback through surveys of our patients. We have carried out various surveys since the patient group started and published the results through the Annual Reports. Our latest survey results are detailed below but will be published in our end of year Annual Report in March 2016.
- Staff Survey - Jun 14 - Sep 14 (Link)
- Dispensary Survey - Sep 14 - Dec 14 (Link)
- HCA Survey - Dec 14 - Mar 15 (Link)
- Practice Nurse Survey - Mar 15 - Jun 15 (Link)
- Nurse Practitioner Survey - Jul 15 - Sep 15 (Link)
- General Practitioner Survey - Mar 16 - Jun 16 (Link)
- Nurse Practitioner Role Survey - Jun 16 - Jul 16 (Link)
- Nurse Practitioner Role Survey Feedback - Jul 16 - Aug 16 (Link)
- Practice Nurse Survey (following feedback from GP Survey) (Link)
The next survey to be carried out is a poll on the music in the waiting room.
How to Join
If you are interested in helping us to improve, simply email Vicky on email@example.com or call her on the surgery number. Vicky will contact you and send out all the necessary information relating to the group.
The meetings are held every first Tuesday every four months in January, June, Sept and Dec.
If you would like to join our Patient Group, please complete the form below.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
You've said, we've done
As result of direct Patient engagement with the Practice, the following has been changed.
- Increase SMS Text and Online access
- Extended hours
- Reduce TARGET Training afternoon from 12 to 6 (initially 4 but found to not be sufficient)
- Removal for 0844 Telephone number
- Reduce internal signage / increase use of Display screen
- Review Membership
- PPG Newsletter (Subscribe now)
- Removal of Hidden Caller ID
- Engagement of Nurse Practitioner Role
As result of Patient donations to the Practice, we have purchased the following items to improve patient care or experience. We thank you all very much.
- Magnifying Lamp for removal of sutures - July 2015
- External Patient Noticeboards - November 2016
Patient Council Meeting
The next Patient Council meetings are to be held on:
Find out more
Good Neighbour Scheme for Billinghay?
Community Lincs is working with the local Parish Council and others to explore the possibility of setting-up up a Good Neighbour Scheme in the Billinghay area. Find out more...
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.